The Information Resource Centre (IRC) of the School of Design and Environment is a repository of materials pertinent to the School's requirements. It aims to develop and maintain a collection that supports the curriculum and research profiles of its staff and students.
- IRC is a reference only library. All materials must not be taken out of IRC.
- A quiet atmosphere must be maintained at all times.
- Users must be appropriately attired.
- All books and personal belongings must be shown to the staff when requested.
- Personal belongings must not be left unattended at all times. They will be removed by IRC staff when necessary.
- User(s) causing inconvenience or disturbance to others will be asked to leave.
- Reservation of seats is not allowed.
- Students caught stealing or mutilating IRC materials will be reported to the Dean’s Office.
- Eating is not allowed.
- For drinking, only bottled water is allowed.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited.
- Photo and video taking is not allowed.
- Most books found in IRC can be photocopied within limits of the copyright law.
- All photocopies of works must be for the purpose of private study or research.
- Only papers provided by IRC is allowed. Coloured papers, transparencies, transtex are not allowed.
- Published books: not more than one chapter or 10% of the number of pages thereof (whichever is more).
- Periodicals: not more than one article or more than 10% of the number of pages thereof (whichever is more) subject always to the restriction that if more than one article in a periodical is to be photocopied, such article must relate to the same subject matter.
What may NOT be photocopied:
- Works categorised as ‘Restricted’ such as preservation guidelines, code of practice, Singapore standards and works supplied to IRC on the understanding that they would not be reproduced without written consent of the copyright owner.
- Three computers for users to search for materials in IRC and NUS Libraries.
- One computer to access Datastream.
- Two self-service photocopying machine that operates on ez link card.
Donations are evaluated based on IRC needs. All gifts are accepted based on the understanding that IRC reserves the right to determine their retention or rejection. Donated books will be shelved according to the call numbers assigned.